Everyone tries to check their email one day and discovering that they can’t access their account is a fearful sight. Yahoo is recognized as one of the pioneering email providers. It has millions of users all over the world which makes it one of the most successful email service providers. But it also has some strings attached to it. The user account is always under the radar of getting hacked. Fortunately, Yahoo provides an efficiently accessible method to regain control of the account immediately. To restore the Yahoo hack, the user can comprehend these instructions:
Is your Yahoo Email Hacked? – How to Verify?
Numerous signs can let the user know if the account is hacked or compromised. Some of the most common symptoms are:
- If the user is having a password error at the time of sign-in even if they are implementing the correct one then chances are that the account has been hacked.
- Control the login activity page where the user can locate the locations from where the account has been logged in. If there is an unknown location of the login chances are that the account has been hacked.
- If there are emails in the inbox that does not belong to the user or the user were not expecting any of the emails.
- If the user has experienced a warning for sending spam emails that were not addressed by the user.
- If the user finds out that the personal information has been changed, and it was not the user who did it then yes it has been hacked.
- There are emails in the sent box that the user did not send
Steps for Yahoo Account Hacked Recovery
There are mainly two methods to retrieve your hacked Yahoo Mail account. While the first method lets you redeem your Yahoo Mail account by altering the password, the second method enables you to recover it by resetting the password.
- Password change to recover Yahoo email hacked account
Log in to the Yahoo mail account and choose account info option under the profile name placed at the right corner of the Yahoo Mail account.
- Yahoo mail account info
Following account info window, tap on account security tab. It would be prompted to enter the account password. Enter it to get access to Account security page.
Tap on the change password option under account Yahoo security breach page and enter the new password in the required field.
- Yahoo mail account security
Tap on the continue button to successfully change the password. This way you can successfully recover your hacked Yahoo Mail account.
Reset Password to Recover Yahoo hacked Account
- Visit the log-in page of Yahoo mail and insert the email address. Tap on the next button.
- Next, choose “I forgot my password” link. The user would be guided to the verification page. Here, the user would see the partly visible phone number or email address.
Yahoo Mail Forgot the Password
- If the user remembers the email address or number presented, tap the yes option and the option following text me an Account Key button.
- On the subsequent screen, the user would be prompted to insert the account key sent to the phone/email. Insert the account key and tap on the Verify button.
- Once verified, the user would see two options on the following screen – Continue and create a new password. Tap on the “create a new password” button to get to the password reset page. Insert your new password and click on the continue button.
How to Make the Yahoo Account More Secure?
Online security experts have always advised various steps, and some have been suggested by Yahoo as well. Those are:
- Every time use a complicated password
- Change Yahoo password often
- Activate 2-step authentication characteristic
- Do not assign any of the account or personal information with anyone that can lead him to guess the password of your account
The procedure of regaining the hacked Yahoo account can be overwhelming, and therefore if you have any troubles regarding the accessing of the account, then you can contact yahoo support or help.
On the other hand, there are some common issues attached to the Yahoo Mail service, such as Yahoo account hacked. As the complaint of account hacking has become so common, many of us want to deactivate our Yahoo.